Journal of Family and Community Medicine

CASE REPORT
Year
: 2019  |  Volume : 26  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 64--66

Accidental ingestion of hairpin in an adolescent girl


Ahmed A Almarhabi 
 Department of Internal Medicine, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Ahmed A Almarhabi
2326 Habis Ibn Daghnah Alkalbi, At tahliyah, P.O Box: 2326, Alkhobar 34716- 6764
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Ingestion of headscarf pin is a particular type of foreign body ingestion sometimes experienced by adolescent girls and even older women while putting on their headscarf. We report on a 13-year-old girl who presented at the emergency unit at our hospital within 48 hr after accidentally swallowing a headscarf pin. The pin was successfully retrieved from the ascending colon through colonoscopy. Headscarf pin ingestion is a serious problem among women who wear headscarves for various reasons. However, the retrieval of such pins from the colon through colonoscopy has been infrequently reported.


How to cite this article:
Almarhabi AA. Accidental ingestion of hairpin in an adolescent girl.J Fam Community Med 2019;26:64-66


How to cite this URL:
Almarhabi AA. Accidental ingestion of hairpin in an adolescent girl. J Fam Community Med [serial online] 2019 [cited 2020 Jul 10 ];26:64-66
Available from: http://www.jfcmonline.com/article.asp?issn=2230-8229;year=2019;volume=26;issue=1;spage=64;epage=66;aulast=Almarhabi;type=0